Heating Services Orem Salt Lake City American Fork UT and Surrounding Areas
Heating Unit in Orem, UT
- What to do to get your heater working well before the cold sets in
School is in full swing, the leaves are changing color, and that pumpkin spice latte just isn’t enough to stave off the morning chill. It’s time to switch your HVAC system over to Heat. Check the following list to be sure your furnace is ready for the coming winter.
- Turn on the Thermostat
Switch from cooling to heating and set the temperature a couple of degrees higher than the current room temperature. If you don’t hear the heat kick on within a minute, pull off the cover and make sure the wire connections are secure (if you feel comfortable doing so). If the connections are snug, make sure the power source to the HVAC system is turned on. If it’s still not working, you could check the furnace fan, blower, or heat pump — but it likely makes better sense to call in a professional. Consider upgrading to a Programmable Thermostat.
- Change the Air Filters
You probably have air filters behind a vent grill in the wall, or ceiling, or a single filter in the HVAC system itself. Change these filters every few months. Or, if you have a permanent electrostatic filter, you can wash and reuse it. Cleaning or replacing your filters regularly keeps particles out of your HVAC system and can prolong its life. While you’re at it, change your humidifier filter and set the humidistat, if your HVAC includes a Humidifier.
- Cover the AC Condenser
Unless your HVAC is a heat pump (in which case, don’t cover it at all because it runs all year), cover the condenser to protect it from falling icicles, a large trashcan lid secured with bungee cords will work. You can also use a board to cover the fan — but don’t wrap it in a moisture-trapping plastic tarp.
- Clean the Heat Exchanger
“The heat exchanger should be brushed and vacuumed out annually by a trained professional while the unit is disabled”. While it’s being cleaned, a JP Cooling and Heating technician will look for cracks, which could lead to a dangerous carbon monoxide leak into your home.
- Lubricate and Clean the Blower Motor
First, check the owner’s manual to see if your motor is the kind that needs lubricating. If it does, turn off the power, open the cover and clean the caps covering the bearings. Then remove the caps and lubricate the bearings.
- Test the Igniter Switch
On an old system, you might have to relight the pilot. Newer systems have electronic igniters. If the igniter isn’t working, push the reset button. If that doesn’t do the trick, check your breaker. Still not working? Call in a professional for a new heating unit in Orem, UT.
- Inspect the Chimney and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Chimneys can house carbon buildup or even small animals. A professional should inspect them periodically. Routinely test or replace carbon monoxide detectors as well, as they help protect you from the “silent killer.”
If you have an oil-powered furnace, replace your filter and nozzle and check the tank level
Unlike gas-fired systems, oil units require oil filter changes, burner nozzle cleaning, and a pretty thorough heat-exchanger brushing to keep them running efficiently since oil doesn’t burn as cleanly as gas.
Are you more DIFM (Do It for Me) than DIY? We can help! Annual maintenance by an authorized HVAC technician is required by nearly all manufacturers to ensure their warranties are kept intact.
New Heating Unit in Orem, UT
A furnace is a long-term investment designed to last many years, but just like any other appliance, it can wear down over time. When your heating unit in Orem, UT breaks down, we will work with you to diagnose whether a new furnace replacement or simple repair is best based on your current situation.
We offer residential and commercial furnace installation and furnace replacement Orem UT throughout Utah, Salt Lake, and Wasatch Counties. Whether you need a new furnace installed or are thinking about replacing an old one – our certified heating technicians will work with you to assess your current situation and make recommendations for the best solution for your home and family’s needs.
When Should I Replace My Furnace?
Since furnace replacement costs can be high, many homeowners prefer to pay for repairs. It’s important to know the warning signs that indicate you need a new heating unit in Orem, UT.
- Furnace Age: Furnaces that are older than 12-15 years are likely inefficient and should be replaced before a major problem occurs.
- High Utility Bills: Higher utility bills often indicate an inefficient system that has to run longer to provide the same amount of heat.
- Inconsistent Thermostat: If you are constantly adjusting the thermostat to try and find the right temperature, the furnace may not be distributing air properly.
- Never-ending Repair Work: As the furnace ages, the costs to repair can be expensive and frequent. Instead of spending more money to repair an inefficient and old furnace, consider getting a new one.
- Noisy: While all furnaces make a little bit of noise, excessive noise or strange sounds like banging, popping, and rattling can indicate a problem.
Furnace Inspection And Tune-Up
Our technician will perform the following 31 Point Furnace Inspection & Tune-Up
- Calibrate Thermostat
- Check Filter
- Check for Gas Leaks
- Clean Burners and Controls
- Check Safety Controls; Adjust if Needed
- Check Flame Sensor
- Clean Equipment Interior
- Check Fan Control
- Check Blower Motor Speed and Operation
- Check all Wiring and Connections
- Does Furnace Have Green Sticker?
- Check for Proper Combustion Air
- Check Condition and Cleanliness of Evaporative Coil
- Check Capacitor Readings
- Check Humidifier if They Have One
- If Furnace is High Efficient, Is Secondary Heat Exchanger Clear?
- Check Condensate Drain Check for Water Leakage
- Check Connection to Flue Pipe and Draft Diverter
- Check Ignition System and Measurements
- Check Heat Exchanger
- Check Complete Furnace Cycle
- Lubricate all Moving Parts
- Check Pressure Switches and Vent Blower/Draft Inducer
- Check Temperature of Vent Air
- Check Condition of Ductwork; Check for Leaks, Duct Size
- Measure Carbon Monoxide
- Clean Exterior
- As Furnace is Running, Check Temperature Split and Static Pressure
- Is Gas up to Code?
- Is Gas Shut Off up to Date?
- Does Gas Line Have a Sediment Trap?
Heating Services include:
- Heating Repair
- Heating Installation
- Heating Replacement
- Heating Service
- Heating Maintenance
- Heating Tune-Up
If you want to know more about New Air Conditioner System Orem UT visit once our site and if you need any help must contact with our experts asap!