5 Steps to do Before Scheduling a HVAC Service Call
- Check your Thermostat settings: A thermostat will only trigger the heating system if it is set to auto or heat, and when the fan is set to the on position. In some cases, a simple flip of a button can encourage the appropriate response from your home’s heating system.
If your thermostat is programmable, there may be a problem with the clock or date settings, which is preventing the furnace from responding.
Review any pre-programmed settings, then follow the instructions in the owner’s manual to make needed adjustments
- Replace the Batteries: Many thermostats rely on batteries to operate. Put a fresh set of batteries in your thermostat, then change the settings. If the furnace comes on, consider the problem solved.
- Check your Circuit Breaker or Power Switch: Whenever something in the home isn’t working right, it’s always smart to check the circuit breaker and the emergency switch, which controls the furnace. If still you furnace not working properly then contact HVAC Contractor in Orem UT.
If there’s a blown fuse or if the emergency switch was depressed, the thermostat won’t respond as you expect. Reset any tripped switches on the circuit breaker to troubleshoot the thermostat problem.
- Change your Air Filter: If you hear the furnace fire up, yet don’t feel warm air, it could be an airflow problem. When air filters become clogged, hot air cannot easily pass through the furnace. Clean or replace a dirty air filter, then see if your thermostat responds better. Moving forward, follow the recommendations in your owner’s manual to keep the furnace filter clean. Contact our air purifiers in Orem UT to resolve your problem.
- Open the Registers: If some rooms feel warm but others are still cold, it could be an issue with the heating registers and not the thermostat. Walkthrough the home, making sure that all heating registers are in the open position. This helps warm airflow into the rooms to heat the home.
By taking a few minutes to follow these simple steps in many instances, you can save yourself time and the expense of a service call. If the problem is still not resolved call JP Cooling and Heating at (801) 406-3238 to schedule one of our friendly and professional service technicians